*Please note that the Camp Registration link can be found at the botton of this page - as well as our Covid-19 Precautions & Standards.
IN-PERSON, SOCIALLY DISTANT PERFORMANCE CAMPS
BROADWAY BOUND, Advanced Musical Theatre Camp
August 3 - August 7 ~ Monday - Friday
10:00am - 2:00pm ~ Ages 8 - 19
Featuring songs, scenes & dances from contemporary Broadway musicals! This Advanced Musical Theatre Camp will focus on vocal technique, musical theatre choreography & performance skills. Counselors: Mary Lee Aloia, Kim Fiorello, Bronwyn Fugate,Tina Kenny Jones, Sophia Rizzo & Robert Koutras.
Final Performance on Friday, August 7th at 7:00pm. The performance will be video-taped & will be streamed live on Facebook & Youtube. A very small, socially-distant audience of family & friends will also be invited. Performance location will be outdoors, location TBD. Raindate: Saturday, August 8th.
HAIR & the SONGS & Stories of THE '60's
August 10 - 21 ~ Monday - Friday
9:00 - 11:00am ~ Ages 8 - 11
12:00 - 4:00pm ~ Ages 12 - 19
The American rock musical, HAIR, was a smash Broadway hit when it premiered in 1968, and again in 2009 when it received the Tony Award for Best Revival of a Musical. Music by the late Galt MacDermott, Book & Lyrics by Gerome Ragui & James Rado.We will be telling the story of the 1960's through the music & stories of HAIR and other artists of the era. Some favorite songs from HAIR include: Aquarius, Hair & Let The Sunshine In. Other featured artists will include: The Beatles, The Beach Boys, The Monkees, Simon & Garfunkel and more!
Final Performance on Friday, August 21st at 7:00pm. The performance will be video-taped & will be streamed live on Facebook & Youtube. A very small, socially-distant audience of family & friends will also be invited. Performance location will be outdoors, location TBD. Raindate: Saturday, August 22nd.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING VERY CAREFULLY: Camp admission may ulitmately require an audition and / or an interview. We may need to turn away campers, depending on the number of registrants. If camp is full & your camper was closed out, your full tuition will be immediately refunded.
REFUNDS: A full tuition refund will be issued as long as it is requested 14 days before the camp start date. No refunds will be issued thereafter. The exception would be if, for some reason, we have to cancel camps - then of course, tuitions will be immediately refunded.
HOW IS SPOTLIGHT HANDLING THE COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS & REQUIREMENTS?
- All staff will be tested for Covid-19.
- Staff temperatures will be taken at the start of each day.
- Staff will wear masks at all times when indoors.
- Staff will maintain a distance of 6 feet from all campers, at all times.
- Staff is required to wash their hands and / or use hand sanitizer at regular intervals.
- We will be utilizing the outdoor space at Spotlight Studios and Silver Lake Park (At the top of Hart Boulevard).
- We will be using the rehearsal space inside Spotlight Studios with small groups of campers (No more than 6) only.
- When inside staff & campers must wear a mask.
- All surfaces used outside ie: tables, chairs, railings, music stands, etc will be sanitized, using CDC approved sanitizer, at regular intervals throughout the day.
- Spotlight Studios will be thoroughly cleaned & sanitized, following CDC guidlines, before the start of each day, before campers arrival.
- The bathroom will be thoroughly cleaned & sanatized at regular intervals throughout the day.
- Each camper will be provided a sanitized tub that will be used to hold their personal items. Campers will use the same tub each day. Tubs will be sanitized at the end of each day.
- Parents will be required to complete a form stating that their child is in good health & has not been exposed to Covid-19, with in a minimum of 21 days.
- Campers temperatures will be taken by a designated staff member at arrival each day.
- If a camper shows any sign of illness, at any time during the camp day, they will be sent home immediately.
- Campers will be required to use hand sanitizer upon arrival and will be required to wash their hands or use sanitizer at regular intervals throughout the day.
- Campers will be asked to hydrate often.
- All belongings, snacks, sunscreen, etc will be place in an individual tub upon arrival. Campers will use the same tub each day. Tubs will be sanitized at the end of each day.
- Camper will not share snacks, water, suncreen or anything at all.
- Campers and staff are required to remain at the mandated 6-feet apart at all times.
- Campers must wear a mask when indoors.
- Campers will be placed in "cohorts" - small groupings of 8 - 10 campers. The cohorts will remain the same for the duration of camp.
- Campers are required to bring their own yoga mat or towel to sit on when rehearsing at the park.
WHAT IF IT RAINS OR IS EXTREMELY HOT?
- If it rains or the heat is extreme we will not meet in person, instead rehearsal will be held on Zoom.
- Spotlight Studios is air conditioned & will be available for small groups (6 or less) to take breaks whenever needed.
SPOTLIGHT WILL MAKE ANY NECESSARY CHANGES OR ADJUSTMENTS TO OUR PRECAUTIONS & STANDARDS, FOLLOWING THE CDC MANDATES & RECOMMENDATIONS. YOUR CHILD'S SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY, ABOVE ALL ELSE.