SUMMER 2020 PERFORMING ARTS CLASSES
ADVANCED ACTING ages 12 - 18 Wednesdays 6:00 - 9:00pm ~ 4-weeks, starting July 15
- This class is for young actors interested in acquiring or building acting technique, skills & confidence through improvisation, scene study, monologues (dramatic & comedic) & sketch writing.
- We will focus our scenes & monologues on the great American playwrites: Thorton Wilder, Neil Simon, August Wilson, Tennessee Williams, Arthur Miller, and more.
Audition Prep - Monologues, Song Choice & What To Expect ages 12 - 18 3-Day Workshop ~ August 17-19, 6 - 9pm
Fee: $200 (Class size is limited)
- This class will prepare young actors for highschool, college, agent & professional theatre auditions. Individual attention & coaching every session, including song & monologue recommendations.
- Other topics covered include resume prep, audition etiquitte, wardrobe choice, and dealing with audition nerves.
ACTING & IMPROV ages 7 -12 Tuesdays 5:00 - 6:00pm ~ 5-weeks, starting July 14
- A fun-filled introduction to theatre for the young actor! Improvisation & theatre games awaken creativity & performance skills. Students use role-playing & creative drama exercises to bring scenes & stories to life.
MUSICAL THEATRE WORKSHOP ages 7 - 12 Tuesdays 6:00 - 7:00pm ~ 5-weeks, starting July 14
- Performance skills & basic vocal technique will be taught while learning a variety of songs from popular Broadway musicals. This class will teach the fundamentals of musical theatre performing. Students will explore song interpretation & connect to lyrics to tell the story.
SPOTLIGHT JUNIOR ~ for our youngest actors; ages 4 - 7 years Saturdays 12:00 - 1:00pm ~ 4-weeks, starting July 18
- Led by Spotlight professionals this hour long play style theatre time includes song, dance, art, story telling, and musical rehearsal with presentation on the main stage of the Spotlight production.
JAZZ & THEATRE DANCE ages 7 - 18 Tuesdays 7:00 - 8:300pm ~ 5-weeks, starting July 14
- Students will learn fundamental dance technique while learning fun & contemporary Broadway-inspired choreography & movement.