4-Week Mini Session Spring 2019 Performing Arts Academy classes start the week of April 29, 2019
ACTING & MUSICAL THEATRE:
SPOTLIGHT JUNIOR for our youngest actors; ages 4 - 6 Saturdays 12:00 - 1:00pm Fee: $95 Mary Lee Aloia, John Stewart, Sophia Rizzo, Brynn Sweere - Instructors Shealagh Brower, Sophie Decker - Assistants
- This "first step" performing arts class introduces students to acting, singing, dance, art & improvisation!
INTRO TO ACTING & IMPROV ages 7-10 Mondays 4:00 - 5:30pmpm Fee:$125 Bronwyn Fugate, Mary Lee Aloia, John Stewart - Instructors
- A fun-filled introduction to theatre for the novice actor! Improvisation & theatre games awaken creativity & performance skills. Students use role-playing & creative drama exercises to bring scenes & stories to life.
ADVANCED IMPROV ages 11 - 18 Tuesdays 6:30 - 7:30pm Fee:$95 Robert Koutras - Instructors
- This class focuses on Improvisation & theatre games to awaken creativity & performance skills. Comic & dramatic timing & audience engagement. Collaborative skit & scene writing.
SCENE STUDY & MONOLOGUE WORKSHOP ages 11 - 18 Tuesdays 5:30 - 6:30pm Fee: $95
- Actors will work together on scenes & monologues from classic plays. This class will encourage focused work on understanding the dramatic material, character development & acting technique.
MUSICAL THEATRE 101 ages 6 - 14 years Mondays 5:30 - 6:30pm Fee: $95 Brynn Sweere, Mary Lee Aloia, John Stewart - Instructors
- Performance skills & basic vocal technique will be taught while learning a variety songs from popular Broadway musicals.teaches the fundementals of musical theatre performing. Students will explore how to interpret & connect to lyrics to tell the story
THEATRE DANCE ages 10 - 18 Mondays 6:30 - 7:25pm Fee:$60. Nicole Williams - Teacher
- Students will learn fundimental dance technique while learning fun & contempotary Broadway-inspired choreography & movement.
BASIC TAP ages 10 - 18 Mondays 7:30 - 8:30pm Fee:$60. Nicole Williams - Teacher
- Students will learn a variety of tap styles. The class emphasis is on developing proper tap technique, producing clear tap sounds and having fun!
Please note: Students need proper dance shoes. ie: jazz or ballet shoes for Broadway & Theatre dance, tap shoes for Tap dance.